About Me

My photo
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Bailey's Brides is a small wedding and event planning service based in Prince George. I was a full time wedding and event planner in Vancouver, BC but have recently relocated. I am here to help you execute your dream wedding day and more importantly give you peace of mind. The wedding day goes by way to quickly and I want you to enjoy every moment of it. My services allow you to take in your day to the fullest and allow your friends and family to enjoy it with you. Please contact me for an in depth description of my services. I would love to talk to you and come up with a custom made package.baileysbrides@gmail.com. In the meantime please enjoy my blog as I explore new ideas for weddings and post about gorgeous weddings I have been a part of .

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mad for bunting

Well wedding season has sprung again and all the new ideas for wedding trends are popping up like crazy.

An old trend, that was popular when i was getting married (you know...way back then in July of 2010) was bunting. Its an incredibly time consuming task and I simply did not have the resources (aka man power) and time to grapple such a task, but I wish I had.

It would be great for any wedding:

 A more high end wedding
Backyard wedding
and can be sued to add your personal touch and flare

I mean, if its good enough for Princess Catherine and Prince William, its good enough for us commoners right?

Now back to all seriousness. Bunting is an amazing way to incorporate the colours of your wedding or play on the elegance you are trying to obtain or playfulness even. It by far one of my favorite accents to a wedding and for a DIY kind of bride it is a great way of showing how much time and love has gone into your projects.
If you decide to take this route, make sure you make it your own. Unique. Should it be through the choice of colour or even the shape. Remember though, this is a huge project so start early.

Here is a link to a great site on how to make the bunting yourself. It will give you 10 how to steps as well as a video! click here to begin your journey!

Hope this has inspired you. Happy planning!

2 comments:

  1. I love the first pic with the lace embellishments, I have saved that pic for future reference for myself... gorgeous!

    http://dearlybeloveddiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt it the prettiest thing ever! I wish i had seen it before my wedding. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete