About Me

My photo
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Bailey's Brides is a small wedding and event planning service based in Prince George. I was a full time wedding and event planner in Vancouver, BC but have recently relocated. I am here to help you execute your dream wedding day and more importantly give you peace of mind. The wedding day goes by way to quickly and I want you to enjoy every moment of it. My services allow you to take in your day to the fullest and allow your friends and family to enjoy it with you. Please contact me for an in depth description of my services. I would love to talk to you and come up with a custom made package.baileysbrides@gmail.com. In the meantime please enjoy my blog as I explore new ideas for weddings and post about gorgeous weddings I have been a part of .

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Feature - Bailey & Andrew Grose, July 24, 2010 - Vancouver, BC

My wedding was just featured on Brenda's Wedding Blog and can be found at this link .

I thought I would share the post with you. Although this extract explains my wedding entirely it does not say that this was the motivating factor behind me becoming a wedding planner. Although for years, as as long as I can remember, I have wanted to do this my wedding was the extra boost of confidence I needed. After (and while setting up) the wedding I had many people ask me who my wedding planner was. It was during those moments that I realized maybe I SHOULD be a wedding planner. And hence the journey begins.

____________________________________________________________________

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Guest Count: 100 including bridal party

I'm very excited to bring you today's Real Wedding from Vancouver, BC, Canada. Bailey, the bride, follows me on Facebook and asked about submitting her wedding. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was a must feature - you are going to LOVE it. The photos from Carolyn Egerszegi Photography {and second shooter Sean Norman} are stunning and perfectly capture all the little details. And it's not something I see often, but Carolyn also focused on the groom's accessories for the detail shots - including his shoes and even his tie hanging from a chandelier.

All of the wedding party photos were taken before the ceremony in the historic gastown in Vancouver. Bailey says she "loved the edgy city feel it gave but had the natural looking cobblestones, gas lanterns, bright and flowered hanging baskets." Bailey met her soon-to-be-husband, Andrew, at a 98 year old home across from her apartment for their first look photos. After all the photos were taken, they went to the ceremony at 5pm and straight to the reception at 6pm.

Bailey grew up in a small town with the population just reaching the 800 mark. So when she moved to the "big city" of Vancouver, Bailey wanted to compromise and infuse her past into the present and future. To do this, Bailey chose to have "a low key, grassroots level wedding with the added touch and class of a Vancouver high class wedding". Bailey continues to explain . . . "I used the elements of stone, glass/crystal, "green" and nature to pull this all together. The church was entirely made of glass walls on two sides, with the ends made of river rocks all framed by a vaulted timber roof. It was small and very intimate church that both my husband and i fell in love with. We had the reception right next door in a long room with one wall of glass and a wood roof, brick fireplace and green beams. The windows provided a vibrant living artwork of green trees to compliment the wedding. My motto was less is more and its all in the details."

Don't you just love the posed and candid snapshots of the wedding party below?

Bailey says she was a "very laid back bride and only had a few things in mind that I had my little heart set on. One of them was not the bridesmaid dresses. My original plan was to have them in brown, but as summer crept on our heels I felt it would be to dark and wanted to draw more "nature" in. The weekend all the girls came to Vancouver to go shopping we happened to find these AMAZING green dresses, off the rack, at Bryans (and get this...they were only $99.00!!!))."

Bailey continues to explain her wedding . . . "To help stop the budget from ballooning to epic proportions I took on a lot of DIY projects to cut down on costs. I found most of my vendors through Craigslist, people who were just starting out and needed some portfolio work done. This benefited me and them so much, those vendors included my florist, my baker and videographer. My DIY projects included all my centerpieces which were made of curly witch hazel, borrowed vases, rocks, ivory silk cherry blossoms and hanging crystals from an old chandelier. I made up the candy buffet as favours for all our amazing guests and hand stamped a "G" on all the bags with the words "All you need is love". This was also our re-occurring theme for the day. We had that stamped on all our hand made invitations, candy bags, menus and the back of the table numbers, we also had the trio play that as we excited the church."

the above cake and cupcake photos are courtesy of Anna Elizabeth Cakes

Congratulations Bailey and Andrew - thank you for sharing your gorgeous special day with my readers.

Wedding Vendors:
Church: The Chapel of the Epiphany on the UBC Campus
Reception Site: Theas Lounge in the Graduate Student Centre on the UBC Campus
Caterer/Food/Drink: Sisters Act Catering (Rachel Goltz)
Bridal Gown: Maggie Sottero (Melissa Brooch) from the Bridal Gallery
Veil and jewelry: Ebay
Shoes: Le Château
Groom’s and Groomsmen Attire: Debonair Formal at the Bridal Gallery
Bridesmaids dresses: Bryans
Stationery: Invitations were purchased from Michaels (they were programs converted into invitations). The programs and menu cards were also invitations from Michaels but purchased from Craigslist and were converted as well.
Photography: Carolyn Egerszegi
Second shooter for the day was Sean Norman
Videography: First Language Films
Ceremony Music: String Trio (Studio G)
Reception Music: John Felice of Complete Music & Video
Flowers: Sandy's Wedding Services and Rentals
Linen and Dish Rentals: Londsale Rentals
Cake/Cupcakes: Anna Elizabeth Cakes

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog on Wedding Bee... I actually saw your wedding on Brenda's Blog a while back! Looking forward to getting to get to know the bride beyond the beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete