About Me

My photo
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Bailey's Brides is a small wedding and event planning service based in Prince George. I was a full time wedding and event planner in Vancouver, BC but have recently relocated. I am here to help you execute your dream wedding day and more importantly give you peace of mind. The wedding day goes by way to quickly and I want you to enjoy every moment of it. My services allow you to take in your day to the fullest and allow your friends and family to enjoy it with you. Please contact me for an in depth description of my services. I would love to talk to you and come up with a custom made package.baileysbrides@gmail.com. In the meantime please enjoy my blog as I explore new ideas for weddings and post about gorgeous weddings I have been a part of .

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Royal Affair

Have you heard? Kate Middleton and Prince William got engaged?!

This announcement has taken over the world and with the wedding close on our heels, taking place on April 29, 2011 I thought it was time for me to jump on the bandwagon and make my speculations about this very royal, very public affair.

As a wedding planner and a former bride one of the things i think that are most important in a wedding is personalizing it. I feel this "poor" couple will not get this opportunity as much as I, or anyone for that matter would like. This is definitely a royal affair that is being set up for the people.

Lets gets down to some details we already know.

An invite!

The engagement ring and engagement picture:

The ceremony: Westminster Abbey


The reception: (one of the 19 rooms it will be held in): Buckingham Palace

And now, the fun part...speculation.

In the past all royal brides have worn more conservative dresses that are also a little over the top. Dianas dress for instance with its 25 foot train and 10,000 pearls.

 KATE

The masses speculate the Kate's dress will be more modern yet still keep in tune with the traditional aspects of a royal wedding, maybe her shoulders will still be covered. As well, look at the above picture of Diana, we can only again speculate what Kates flowers will look like. The long, bulky flowers are not "in" as much as they used to be and because of Kates simplistic style I think she will forgo this look as well.



Here are my speculations:

Dress:

The designer Phillipa Lepley is rumored to be the designer of Kates dress. The above are a few of his examples. I feel the one in the middle may be more in tune with what Kate may grace the aisle with.

As for colours and flowers. She has a gorgeous sapphire ring that may set the tone for the wedding. A rich royal blue may be incorporated into the flowers. I like to think, and speculate... as well as dream a little that Kate will keep it simple.


Either way its all speculation and it is giving every girl, bride and bride to be an opportunity to plan a wedding fit for a princess.

Believe me, I will be donned with a hat of some sort on April 29, 2011watching will and Kate tie the know.



Happy Planning Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment