I was assisting a bride the other day and she inquired about having a cake as her centerpiece at her wedding. At first I was hesitant to the idea, thinking of the mess it would leave as a centerpiece when all was said and done, or even the confusion that might ensue as guests were wondering when and if they could eat it. The more I thought of it though, the more I absolutely loved the idea.
Here is why:
1. Its different
2. You do your centerpiece and dessert in one shot which could be more budget wise
3. You could involve your guests in the wedding a little more. Place a serving set at each table and have the longest married couple cut the cake and serve it to their table
4. OR its a way of getting the bride and groom to each table as THEY come and cut the cake and then talk to their guests
Here are a few inspiration pics if you were to attempt something like this:
An idea that I came up with on my own, inspired by the picture below would be to place cupcakes for each guest under a goblet (wine or martini glass) and place a votive on top, this way you still have a centerpiece once the cake or cupcake is eaten. Plus its very romantic with that candlelight glow.
- Bailey's Brides
- Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
- Bailey's Brides is a small wedding and event planning service based in Prince George. I was a full time wedding and event planner in Vancouver, BC but have recently relocated. I am here to help you execute your dream wedding day and more importantly give you peace of mind. The wedding day goes by way to quickly and I want you to enjoy every moment of it. My services allow you to take in your day to the fullest and allow your friends and family to enjoy it with you. Please contact me for an in depth description of my services. I would love to talk to you and come up with a custom made email@example.com. In the meantime please enjoy my blog as I explore new ideas for weddings and post about gorgeous weddings I have been a part of .